My name is Mark Callahan. I am a father, an average American, and I love our country.
I care deeply about the freedoms that the founders of our great nation established 240 years ago. As a father, I want to ensure that these freedoms are passed down to my children and their generation. Our politicians are failing us. We need people in Washington D.C. who will provide leadership, integrity, character, honor, and trust. These are the values I learned as an Eagle Scout and they are the values I will uphold as your Congressman.
I sincerely wish to unify the people of Oregon and find the common ground that can help lift up the people into prosperity by enhancing economic growth, and standing up as a voice for individual civil liberties, while maintaining and enhancing the national security of this Country.
Join me in fighting for a better future!
As a Christian, Experienced Leader, and Conservative Republican, I am seeking to represent Oregon’s 5th Congressional District, as the Your Congressman in the U.S. House of Representatives. I promise to uphold, with Honor, Integrity, and Character, the founding principles of our country, and the values that make Oregon truly great. I promise to work with anyone, regardless of the party affiliation, across our great State of Oregon, and in Congress, in an efficient and productive manner. My top priority and primary goal, with every decision made and action taken, is to help ALL Oregonians equally, in both the present and future, with any and all resources Congress has to offer. I promise, through the guidance of our Lord Jesus, to defend the foundations of the U.S. Constitution, to help secure the Freedom that our great country, and our great State of Oregon, was founded upon, by working as a productive and dynamic member of the Oregon’s Congressional delegation.
2016 United States Senate Candidate; November General Election; Republican Party; Statewide (Oregon); 651,105 Votes Received.
2016 United States Senate Candidate; May Primary Election; Winner in a 4-Candidate Race; Republican Party; Statewide (Oregon); 123,473 Republican Votes Received.
LEADERSHIP, AWARDS & AFFILIATIONS
- Eagle Scout.
- Clackamas County Republican Party Precinct Committee Person (PCP), 2017 – Present
- Clackamas County Republican Party Bonus Delegate for 2017 Oregon Republican Party Platform Convention
- Oregonians For Immigration Reform (OFIR) Board Member, 2014 – Present.
- Multnomah County Republican Party Precinct Committee Person (PCP), 2014 – 2017.
- Multnomah County Republican Party State Central Committee Delegate, 2016 – 2017.
- Marion County Republican Party Precinct Committee Person (PCP), 2013 – 2014.
- Former Member, Bulletin Editor & Paul Harris Fellow of Rotary Intl’, Eugene Delta Chapter, 2009-2013.
- Lane County Republican Party Precinct Committee Person (PCP), 2011 – 2012.
- Graduated from the Leadership Eugene-Springfield Class, by the Eugene Chamber of Commerce – 2010.
- Former VP of Public Relations & Member of Toastmasters Intl., Club # 364, 2010 – 2011.
- 2010 Boy Scout National Jamboree Staff Member for the 100th Anniversary of the Boy Scouts of America.
- Eagle Scout Board of Review Chair, Greenwood Dist., Oregon Trail Council, Eugene, OR, 2008 – 2010.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
2001 Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Windows MCSE Training Program, The Computer Institute, Rockville, MD
2000 Bachelor of Science, Business Administration / Management Information Systems; Pre-Law Minor, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR